UC Merced students enjoy Yogolicious, Merced’s newest dessert restaurant

yogalicious

yogali

As UC Merced continues to expand in campus size and student population, it would only make sense that the city of Merced develops as well. In just this past year alone, UC students and the people of Merced have graciously welcomed the presence of two new restaurants that have opened – Panera and Chipotle. Conveniently, a new dessert joint – Yogolicious – has recently opened right between those two eateries.

A friend and I ventured to Yogolicious late one night, craving a savory snack. Unsure of what this place was, I quickly learned that it’s a newly developing restaurant that offers various delicious flavors of frozen yogurts that can be topped with a multitude of fresh fruits, favorite candies, or cereals.

I came late, and despite the fact that they had already mopped and were getting ready to close for the night, the two kind women behind the counter invited me in anyway.

If their impeccable customer service and bright smiles weren’t enough, the flavors of the dessert set Yogolicious over the top in my opinion.

I decided to play it safe and chose the vanilla frozen yogurt, topped with brownie bites and chocolate peanut butter cups. My friend was a little more courageous and got a swirl of vanilla and chocolate topped with gummy bears, Butterfinger chunks, brownie bites, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. Both methods, my conservative choice and my friend’s boisterous one proved to be quite delicious.

Another satisfied customer, Marisela Cruz, said about her dessert choice, “I got the pomegranate frozen yogurt with brownie bites, cookie dough, and fresh strawberries to top it off.”

The prices were pretty reasonable for these customizable desserts, considering the alternatives such as Baskin Robbins or Coldstone. Yogolicious offers more choices in regards to frozen yogurts and the toppings to go with it compared to some of the other dessert joints. And, the customer is not limited to the number of toppings that can be added because the pricing is based on weight rather than content. This is a huge plus for daring customers with lots of flavors on their mind.

To make matters even better, Yogolicious has a “Buy 9 Get the 10th Yogurt Free” card that the cashiers hand off to you. For a frequent customer, this deal will definitely come in handy.

Also, don’t forget to flash your CatCard to get a student discount!

Breanne Orey
Layout Editor
borey@ucmerced.edu